Where can I fax in Australia?
Need to send a fax? Unsure of your options? There are many locations in Australia that provide individuals with a faxing service. Places like Australia Post, Officeworks and your local library may be able to assist with an old-fashioned physical fax machine. However, not everyone lives close to a post office and trying to fit time into your daily schedule to send a fax at a store near you may be difficult.
This is why we’ve created an easy, pay-as-you-go online fax service, allowing you to send a fax online from the comfort of your own home; or anywhere you’d like. Let us help you understand what options are available to send a fax in Australia and why online faxing is the best and easiest alternative for all your faxing needs.
Australia Post: FaxPost
Australia Post’s FaxPost service allows you to send documents through a fax machine at your local post office. You’ll need to provide them with the document/s you want to fax and the fax number of the recipient.
- Australia Post has one of the largest retail networks with over 4,300 post offices across the country
- They’re a trusted brand for communication methods in Australia
- There are many rural towns in Australia that don’t have access to a local Australia Post store
- Only selected stores across the country offer a faxing service, so you’d need to call ahead of time to ensure you are able to send a fax
- It’s expensive: Australia Post charges $5 for the first page and $1.25 per additional page for faxes sent within Australia. This price doubles for faxes sent overseas
- It’s inconvenient and time consuming to travel to a physical store location
You can send and receive faxes through Officeworks stores across Australia. Just like Australia Post, you’ll need to provide Officeworks with the document/s you need to fax and the fax or mobile number you wish to fax to.
- With only 167 stores Australia-wide, it’s difficult to find an Officeworks store near you
- It’s expensive to fax outside your local area: Officeworks charges $1.85 per page for STD and $3.95 per page for sending a fax internationally
- Sending a fax to a mobile device costs $3.15 per page
Online Faxing Alternative
There are many advantages and disadvantages to sending a fax through the options outlined above. However, if you’re in a hurry, on a budget and unsure if you’d make it to a physical location to send a fax, online faxing is an alternative that allows you to fax from anywhere, at any time and at your own convenience.
Sending a fax online is a low-cost alternative to using a physical fax machine, costing just $2 for the first page and $1 for each additional page. Our pay-as-you-go payment option means you don’t need to sign up or create an account and you only pay for the pages you send.
Now that you know your options, where are you going to send your fax from? Start sending your faxes with the best online fax service in Australia: Faxaroo.