Has COVID-19 affected your income? Unable to work due to self-isolation or quarantine requirements? Claim your Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment today.
The Australian Government’s Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment is a lump sum payment given to all eligible Australians if you’ve lost your income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Those who have been required to self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19 or who need to care for someone who is required to self-isolate or quarantine may have their income impacted, especially if they work in an industry where working from home is not an option.
Due to this, the Australian Government has recognised the need to financially support Australians during this time. If you’ve been affected, you can find out if you’re eligible by viewing the full eligibility criteria on the Australian Government’s Services Australia website and learn how to claim your Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment below.
Am I eligible?
Before 18 January 2022
If your income was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic before 18 January 2022, the eligibility criteria for the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment differs per state. You can find information about the payment in the state you live in below, direct via Services Australia.
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
How much do I get?
The amount that you receive from the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment differs depending on the number of hours of work you have lost due to COVID-19 and also the period in which your income has been affected. Read about how much you can get via the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment on the Australian Government’s Services Australia website.
How do I claim the payment?
Claiming the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment for periods from 9 December 2021 until 17 January 2022
You’ll need to download and complete the Claim for Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment form and fax it to 1300 727 760. Faxaroo is the easiest, most hassle-free and cost effective way to fax your Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment form to Services Australia. Our pay-as-you-go service means you’ll only pay per page sent.
1. Download the form via the Services Australia website: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/em252
2. Complete the form by either printing it out and handwriting it, or by using a digital signing application on your device such as Adobe Acrobat
3. If printed, you’ll need to scan the document into your device in order to fax it via Faxaroo. If completed digitally, save the form to your device as a PDF document by selecting “Print”, choosing the destination “Save as PDF” and clicking “Save“
4. Jump onto https://app.faxaroo.com/ and upload your completed Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment form to Faxaroo’s self-service portal and click “Next”
5. Enter the Services Australia fax number (without any spaces) 1300727760 and click “Next”
6. Enter your payment method. Once you’ve confirmed that the details are correct, click “Authorise payment” and we’ll take care of the rest.
Get the financial support you need during the COVID-19 crisis
Even 2 years on, the COVID-19 pandemic is causing an economic downturn, with staffing shortages in all industries around the country due to self-isolation and quarantine requirements. Although we now have to live with COVID-19 in the community, the Australian Government is providing financial assistance to those affected. There’s no reason to go through this alone. Apply for your Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment today.